Saturday, February 09, 2008

A trip to Tanjong Pinang & Pulau Penyengat

Well, im back from a short family vacation since yesterday. We went to Tanjong Pinang/Pulau Penyengat for 2days on Thurs and Fri. I was particularly excited to go solo buying and shopping my own things there because i think i doesn't do that before! Usually, my mom would buy and let me wear whatever she has for me. hahaha! Talking about a guy who didnt have his own fashion sense and depend on poeple around him to get him one. Well, i can gurantee, im going to have my own choice of fashion from today onwards. Im not going to spend much but at least it won't leave me scratching my head on nothing decent to wear for a concert, outing, or even date(nay!).

To start with, we went there by ferry. A 2 hours journey which is not particularly exciting because i had a slight tinge of seasick.



Upon reaching, we checked in into a resort..



..and proceed on to have our dinner at "Depot" Ayam Penyet. Just look at them.. everyone is either seasick or sleepy while waiting for the food to arrive, except my dad. Haha.







I think it was better than the Spore's version because of the genuine kampung ayam taste with more special side dishes.

Later, we went back to our hotel and played pool against one another. I played 2 games only, both against my bro, and unsurprisingly.. i won. Haha. And the rest of the night, I taught mom, my auntie and lil bro on how to play.



The next morning, after breakfast at the hotel lobby, we went to the beach and posed for more pictures. Here.. we took with Mahadi Syor, a comedian in Suria. He was also there having his holiday!



We checked out of the resort and headed towards the jetty to go to Pulau Penyengat.





Not really a speedboat but its still made me wet cos nak act hero sitting outside the shelter.



Here it is.. Pulau Penyengat!



We had a bike ride around the whole island and it was freakin nice man cos the guy who rode for me and bro was speeding! Gerek beb but dangelous!



The island has unique and vast historical background. There's the old ruler's palace and royal tombs, among them the grave of the respected Sultan Haji. He was also the creater and author of the first Malay Language grammar book, and that is among the legacies left by the Riau sultanate. I wish i have thanked him for the beautiful literature of Malay language.

The pic below are some of the other kings who ruled the island. I was actually searching if there is any 'Raja Khairul' but too bad lah don't have.



The old Istana now turned into muzeum. I like the authentic designs of the whole architecture. It reminds me about those times when i tried to tackle this sweet kampung girl. haha! like real..



The well of never-ending supply of freshwater. It was said this well is only 3m deep and the water is special. Im not sure how special it was so i tried...



and it was really really pure and cooling. And i end up taking wudhu' too and it is one of the best i had.



We posed on the Sultan's throne and i felt like Datuk Penghulu sitting there with that pose.



And seriously this one.. i was disappointed to see people selling those turtle eggs! Well, i guessed they did it for a living, but i was hoping they won't sell it excessively. And nice one.. my dad bought 20 eggs. Turtles.. i tried my best to warn them about your near-extinction. At least i save your kind by not eating those eggs.



Soon after this, my handphone went flat i didnt take our pictures having dinner at some seafood restaurant and the shoppings. It was 2 days worth spent and i learnt alot of of the historical backgrounds of my own race, language and culture. You know.. the locals there at Pulau Penyengat doesn't speak bahasa Indonesia but perfect Malay! I seriously believe they can easily excel doing our Malay exam papers.

Alright man, im off!

No comments: