Sunday, October 16, 2005

Enlightenment

Im not supposed to blog here right now, but somehow i have the urge to blog. For those Khairul Anuar's fans out there, just for your information, he will be at Bazar Utara, beside the Causeway Point. I don't know what he is up to, but surely he would put up a performance there.

Yesterday, i finally met my long-lost friends who are studying at USS. they went for the ceramah at Masjid Alkhair. We stayed there for our break-fast and solat terawih too. I was pleasantly surprised that one my friends, whom i am very close to during our primary school days, achieved 14 points for his L1R5. To come to think of it, he lost to me for the PSLE exams. It maybe because of two reasons; whether he had improved alot since OR i was the one who slacked alot after that. Only God knows.

I received an enlightenment from yesterday's ceramah. Uztazah Siti Rahmah A.Hamid gave a meaningful yet an interesting talk about the current situation of our malay teenagers. She ended her speech, saying something like, "prove that our malay teenagers can compete with the rest, and not being a burden to the society".
I really agreed with that. Our malay society in Singapore cannot achieved big goals, except for the minority who really stand out from the crowd. Im not criticising my own race but I just hoped more of us would able to stand out from the rest and make a positive impact for our society and country. Let us achieve this together especially during this religious month of Ramadhan.
And the next big test for me, the O levels.

No comments: