Sunday, May 22, 2005

Big Walk Day Special

Let's start with today's event!!..
which ended up nth for me.
I participated in tis year's big walk competition.. in the Man's Junior Category
my sch sent about 8 teams, consist of 4 members each.
my group members; Harris, Hafiz n Ismarian

First complication
We had ourselves to blame as we reached there 30 minutes late. well, actually not. We( my grp members) waited for the others grp members hu were late for the 6am appointment. Surprisingly, my grp is the punctual one. huhu..

2nd complication
When we finally reached there, Harris and me had a terrible time searching for the loo. Kallang Satdium were closed n no toilets were in sight. However, we do see trees which we could aim for. haha.

3rd complication
When finally, after intense searching, we managed to spot toilets. ( the one which can be found when there's a malay wedding.. tat one ah) HOWEVER, there was these endless long queue which i thought i could nvr make it in time. Luckily, for the 2nd time, it took us juz 10 mins onli.. fast huh?.. u noe how? we queued in the queue where mostly r guys.. haha. clever.

4th complication + ( with some advantages)
By the time we were prepared for the ultimate race, we were 30 minutes behind time n the other competitors, i presumed, had at least completed 1/3 of the race. huhu.. however, the determination not to get the last place was still there inside us. BUT ah, we were trapped in the human traffic jam. There were thousands of ppl in front of us we had a tough time to get thru them.
But hey!.. we do get some advantages, thanks to my intelligent suggestion, we run ( instead of walkin) wheh there were no officials in sight. N the best part is that, some of us took shortcuts instead. haha! from 3km walk to 7 km walk.. the 4 km difference covered just in a split second.. Woohoo!

5th complication
my grp members, including me, suffered from severe injuries.. haha. Hafiz n Harris suffered stomachache, n for me!.. i suffered some blisters n backside cramps.. huhu. Painful.

Finale
Well, its not bad afterall.. first, i didnt get anythin from it. Instead, i suffered some injuries. Den my money, due to intensive blanja at Plaza Singapura. we ate chickens at KFC n visited 2 arcade games.. which i chose Maria Sharapova in a tennis video game. nice.

SOOoo... tats it.. tats my Sunday Special!.. Cheers. (",)

No comments: