Monday, March 13, 2006

Finale Night Of Orientation ' 06

hiya everybody!

Well basically, i just had a very fantastic week! The 5 days PJC Orientation was a huge success.
We had our finale events happening on friday so i guess, i just explain to you' ll about the events and activities happening on that day itself.

Early in the morning, i had already created some problems for the displinary committee. Guess what i did? Yeah, for those who know me well, i was LATE for school. haha. i was merely 10m from the gate when it shut closed. Luckily, that was my first time. AND alright, i make sure i won't be late again. Promise. I mean for school only ah. haha. =P

The day kicked off with alot of talks in the morning so i wont go into detail about that. Talk: IT resources, multi-media resources and CT Time. Right after the break, we had our songs & cheers.

Btw, i was chosen to be one of the performers, representing my house 'NOBEL' for the campfire. So right after my friday prayers, i was told to report to the grandstand for the practice session. Why i am telling you this? Because this will help me to explain why i lost my cross-country. haha.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I don't know what they doing in this pic coz i was away doing my friday prayers. But seems, they were enjoying without me! haha. wasted man.

We were practising it for almost 1 hour and immediately after that, all PJCians was told to report to the Parade Square for our warm-ups, to get ready for the Cross-Country. It was blazing hot man! 3pm in the afternoon and my spirit hampened so much. With the gruelling last minute dance practice, doing those break-dancing moves, my legs were dead tired. I was telling myself, if i do get the top 20, it would be my biggest achievement in my life. Why?


  • Firstly, if i calculate it correctly, the last time i run competitively was like 6 months ago!
  • Secondly, usually before every Cross-Country events during my secondary school days, i was quite prepared few days before. eating those carbohydrate foods, drink plenty of water and sleep well. This time, my focus was more on getting prepared for my campfire performance.
  • Lastly, my mentality up there still not tuned properly. Still in happy mood mah. haha. the feeling inside was like ' heck care lah!'.

So, i did what we supposed to. running a 4.5 km distance at the longkang behind our school, came out behind Ten Mile Junction and run back uphill along Teck Whye Road. 300m short than my CCKSS Cross-Country race.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Can you see me running?

So, my final position, 25th! And only those who are in the top 20 get a medal. 5 more people to overtake and i would have been up there, gloriously claiming my medal. haha. but what to do? No doubt, PJCians have many good runners. Especially those rugby players. Fit to the core man! They should consider setting up Track And Field. Confirm can win.

It ended with the prize-giving ceremony and to my surprise, NOBEL house was 2nd! Losing to DARWIN house by few points. I was expecting bottom three among the 6 houses. haha. nearly repeat the same surprise victory of my ORION in Millenia Institute. wasted. haha.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Me and my OG members during prize-presentation ceremony.

We were given some time after that for our dinner and wash up, before getting ready for the campfire. I was siiting with my OG members eating dinner when i was called up to practise for my dance AGAIN at the grandstand! Come to think of it, i was not prepared for the dance skit so chop chop, we practise again and i missed the first few parts of the campfire.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Preparing the BIG night!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Our Guest Of Honour, Principal Mrs Tan!

Image hosting by Photobucket

My Og members! From left: Vanessa, Hai Hui, Caressa and Jing Ying

Image hosting by Photobucket

Campfire finally starts!

When finally it was our turn to perform, BAD NEWS came! The AVA lost our CD, containing our songs for our performance! We were using " Dirty Little Secrets' by ' All American Rejects' and luckily for us, one of my friends had that song in his hp and we used it. Overall, our performance was quite good. Especially when we still need to overcome that kind of setbacks.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I was waving my NOBEL flag up there. Go Nobel go!

We cheered, danced, sing songs throughout the whole night. Wow! I truly enjoyed it man! Nothing can describe my feeling. haha. I finnally reached home around 11pm. My body ached the whole night seh. Luckily for me, i can sleep well with those unforgettable memories playing in my mind. (",)

No comments: