Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Rugby Trials ( But Soccer is still my first priority!)

Before i start on today's post, i would like to thank 'passerby' for all the advices he/she had given me. I'm very grateful. I really hope that you will tell me your identity. =) Thanks so much. Aniway, i decided to move on. Although my heart still meant for her, i can't do anything more. God knows better and i just want Him to do whats best for me. Perhaps, if fated, we will be together again. Insyaallah. But for now, we are friends. (",)

Anyway, today was my first rugby trial in PJC. It was great though. I was expecting it to be tough, and it did happened. hai. We had our 4.8km run otuside PJC, running past CCKSS, CCK park, CCK stadium, behind the longkang and back to PJC. There were CCKSS track n field and netball players who were too running towards the CCK park. Yes, i do hope to see her jogging too. haha. But too bad. Never see her.

So, when we finally reached back PJC, we had to cover 800m more, 2 times around the track. BUT, you know what we need to do on the same time? We had to jog and carry the 3 heaviest people( the 3 last runners in the 4.8km run) on 3 separate stretchers. I was instructed to carry this 110kg guy along with 5 other people. It was soo tiring, but as a wise man says, " no pain, no gain." haha. Good for me.

We practised on the passing of the rugby ball( not easy you know, need to spin it too), formations, and yes, the right way to bring down your opponent. The training something like this; you become the victim first. run with the ball charges towards the guy who is going to brought you down. Accelerate towards him. And let him ' spear' you. It happened again and again. Yes, it hurts alot especially if you're a beginner.

Lastly, we had our game. 15-a-side. My team won by 1-0( im nt sure about the points given for touchdown.. haha. but we only scored one goal)

AND YOU KNOW WHO SCORED THAT?

ME!

yeah. it such was a great feeling to score my first goal in my rugby debut. Woohoo! Win with that goal somemore. haha. I sprinted past 4 opponents before i made my touchdown. Stylo ah. =p

No matter what, soccer is still my first priority. The coach asked me to join rugby but i prefer to wait for the approval of my proposal about setting up soccer. yeah.. HIDUP MATI soccer!

No comments: