Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Start To 2008

Hey guys..

Well, im back with lots of stories in store!

First and foremost, im a teacher now! well, relief of course. i ended up late the first day when the person called me at 7.10, askin me to report to school at 8! To add more misery, i ended up at the wrong place. i went to admiralty pri instead of the sec sch which i supposed to report at! Baaad start.

Teaching was ok. I taught 4NT, 2NA and 1NT that day. Particularly lost where shld i go during recess so i sat with my 4NT class in the canteen. Anyway, I had to replace an english teacher who was on an urgent leave so yes... i was asked to teach english and english lit! Not my strongest of subjects as you know me, but still.. its not THAT bad.

Im not going to elaborate on what i'd taught them or how i'd taught them, bcos im afraid my students will read this! All i can say is.. its kind of weird being a teacher because i was a student myself just last year. Entering a class and introducing myself as 'Mr Khai' and by saying 'Good Morning Class', it feels so different. I sensed the great responsibilites, the demand of the job and the need to know when to be fun and and when to be serious. I feel so grown up now. (haha. yes khai u've just grown up by 5 sec after typing this.) The feeling of going into the staff room, getting to my desk, having lunch at the teacher's lounge and chats with my colleagues, it is a whole new thing for me.

Some excerpts from my students:

"Cher, can i go toilet?"
"Cher, can u help me edit my compo?"
"Cher, u got friendster anot?"

last but not least, bonus question:

"Cher, u married already ah?"

haha! well, im not. do i look like one?



I really need some serious cutting to my hair. Its so long and i may end up in detention man.
Anyway, i'll be a physics teacher soon. This reminds me of something.

Teacher: What is the unit of power.
Students: Watt!
Teacher: What is the unit of power.
Students: Watt!
Teacher: Im not asking you all a question. im saying.. Watt is unit of power.

haha. typical Mr Tan back in CCKSS.

Besides that, i went for the RSAF Compass Test. It was a long 5 hours tiring, mentally draining test. I had both good and bad experience throughout the whole procedure.

The bad news is.. the jetfigther stimulator test, i think i didn't do that well because my plane, which was supposed to go through smoothly through the loops, didnt go as planned and it was moving sideways uncontrollably due to the high sensitivity of the joystick. (not mentioning my bad handling too)

The good news is.. i scored full marks for 2 tests. the mental sum(thank god i took math in school) and concentration test(alhamdullilah i was gifted with a very focused mind). The multi-tasking test; consist of right hand handling the joystick(up and down only), listening to errors in mental sum( and by pressing the trigger whenever there's errors), left hand doing the typing of the instruction given AND the legs to move left or right. quite demanding but gladly, i scored 5/8.

hopefully, if i do passed this test, i'll be called for the interview soon. do pray for me ok?

No comments: