Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Life As A Teacher

Well, i've been out for some time, but at least now im free!

To start with, i guess im done with my teaching career. haha. well.. at least for now. 2 weeks of teaching is enough for me. You know.. a week into teaching, i was looking forward to its end. Its not that i hate teaching, in fact i like it. Except that maybe i overworked myself trying to prove my worth as a relief teacher. Haha. Generally the students were lively and co-operative during lessons, except for the inevitable noise. Since i was asked to replaced 2 teachers, one went for a camp and another went for his reservice, i had no choice but to teach 8 classes! All three sec 5 classes, one sec 4 class and four sec 3 classes. Mind you.. half of it is taking O's this year and the pressure is always there!

Math, Physics and CHEMISTRY! k wait, when i was told i need to teach chem, i was a little worried, because im sure you all know about my level of competency in that subject. haha.

Physics basically i taught the sec 3s and 5 classes and i enjoyed doing it because that's my favourite subject! The only problem is.. i taught too fast and the students will go, "Cher, that's all? How come so fast?!" Here, i can seriously say that i didn't really like talking to the whole class. Most of the talking will be usually be done one-to-one. I would prefer to do the opening speech, an outlook about the particular topic and the rest is just practice. haha. But of cos i did went through it and explained to them the questions they don't understand.

And Math! I had fun teaching it too simply because i didnt face much of a problem solving the questions being asked.




This is where i enjoyed the comfort of the office, marking, preparing lessons and looking back at the TYS!

Overall, i felt satisfied for those efforts i put in because i think i did pretty well as a relief teacher. There were times when i stayed back after school just to answer their doubts. And i was gladly to do so because that shows how much they wanted to excel. You know.. I was pleasantly surprised when 2 of my students told me i did a much better job than their teacher. I was undeniably flattered but 2 weeks of teaching, of cos im capable of putting my heart and soul to bring out the best of them, but if 2 years, i will burnt out! Therefore, here am i, giving my salute and respect to the teachers who had taught me before. I know i had never give anyone of you gifts during teacher's day, but i do appreciate the efforts you all put in all these years.

I have more to share here actually but if i continue, this entry will be freakingly long! That's basically everything about my experience in teaching in ADSS. I would love to continue till im enlisted in april but too bad, my service ended there. Nevertheless, a new experience gained and memories to be remembered for a long time.

No comments: